Would you like to try some new breakfast or snack options? Check with Jimmy Dean and get some fresh and properly cooked sausage, bowls, and breakfast items.
Delicious, unique ingredients are used to flavor their original quality, fresh pork sausage. Enjoy the flavorful sausage balls whenever you desire because we’re going to make Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls for you today. Do you know why we suggest the Tyson Foods-exclusive Jimmy Dean sausage recipe? It’s because this item is well-liked and has a net worth of $50 million, so you should try it once at least!
The go-to dish recipe for cheesy sausage balls, which are perfect for a last-minute appetizer, So, be patient and give your craving a few more minutes to enjoy the sausage with the dipped sauce. Whatever! It’s recipe time!
- About Jimmy Dean’s Hot Sausage Balls Recipe
- Sausage Ball Recipe: Cooking Time and Preparation Before Hand
- Equipment That You Need
- Ingredients for Preparing Sausage Cheese Balls
- How to Make Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls
- How to Cook Frozen Sausage Balls
- Special Note
- Give A Variation
- Dipping Sauce That Goes Well With Sausage Ball
- How to Freeze Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls Nutrition Level (1 Package)
- Cheese Sausage Ball Recipe Nutritional Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
About Jimmy Dean’s Hot Sausage Balls Recipe
Some of us think that a homemaker from the Midwest used to make the sausage ball recipe in the 1940s or 1950s. They are popular at festivals, during parties, on matchdays, or anytime a toothpick is used to spear food and pops it into your mouth.
In order to make the sausage balls, you only need to mix some Jimmy Dean’s original sausage with some Bisquick and grated strong cheddar cheese. Combine everything, form the mixture into meatballs, and bake. Done! This is about the “quick recipe.” Now, we’ll go over a detailed, step-by-step recipe session.
Sausage Ball Recipe: Cooking Time and Preparation Before Hand
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
|Additional Time||5 mins|
|Total Time||40 mins|
Equipment That You Need
- Pampering Scoop
- A big cookie sheet covered in parchment paper
Ingredients for Preparing Sausage Cheese Balls
- 2 Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (16 ounces)
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- All-purpose baking mixture/Bisquick baking mix
- Properly chopped onion and celery
- Minced garlic
- Cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Chili powder
How to Make Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls
- Step 1: Set the oven to 375°F for preheating (190 degrees C).
- Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sausage, baking mix, or Bisquick mix, cheese, onion, garlic, celery, and black pepper.
- Step 3: Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Step 4: Bake for almost 20 minutes in a preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Step 5: At least 160 degrees Fahrenheit should be displayed on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center (71 degrees C).
- Step 6: Before serving with party forks and toothpicks, allow it to cool for five minutes on the pan.
How to Cook Frozen Sausage Balls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- While the oven is getting ready, let the frozen sausage balls defrost on a baking sheet.
- Bake for almost 25 minutes in a preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Make sure you read at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center (71 degrees C).
Sausage Cheese Balls can be made in advance and frozen fresh. Before baking from frozen, thaw for 15 minutes on a baking sheet.
Give A Variation
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese and 3 cups of baking mix for a firmer texture. You will love the flavor!
- You can skip the onion and celery or substitute some chopped chili peppers.
- Using freshly grated cheese helps the cheese mix much better.
- It wouldn’t be a bad idea to use a mirepoix mix rather than just celery.
- The best option is not to use pre-grated cheese because it is drier and doesn’t blend.
- Give it the festive red and green color, and add some diced red bell pepper, diced onion, and chopped jalapenos.
Dipping Sauce That Goes Well With Sausage Ball
- A mayonnaise-or other oil emulsion-based sauce, such as American Ranch dressing, can be the best dipping sauce for a sausage ball.
- Additionally, the sausage cheesy ball dish goes great with any other dipping sauce like blue cheese dressing, barbecue sauce, aioli, marinara, honey mustard, and more.
How to Freeze Cheesy Sausage Balls
- Sausage balls are freezer-friendly for up to six months.
- Make sure to arrange the unbaked sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment and freeze them for a minimum of one to two hours until frozen.
- After that, move the frozen meatballs to a zip-tight freezer-safe bag for longer-term storage.
- In the refrigerator, leftover sausage balls will last for 3 to 4 days.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls Nutrition Level (1 Package)
|Total Fat||24g 31%|
|Saturated Fat||9g 45%|
|Total Carbohydrate||5g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1g 4%|
Cheese Sausage Ball Recipe Nutritional Facts
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a meatball a type of sausage?
No, a burger patty and a meatball are almost the same. Meat, perhaps 1% salt, and then a few more seasonings are in the meatball. Meatballs made from sausages are used in some Italian recipes. Basically, meatballs are meant to be eaten, but sausages are actually made to store the meat.
2. How long can I leave raw sausage balls in the fridge?
When properly packaged, sausage balls will stay fresh for a few days in the fridge and up to a month in the freezer. A reasonable figure provided the product is kept chilled and below 40 degrees Fahrenheit is 5-7 days from the day of manufacturing. In general, the storage time of cooked sausage balls is three to four days.
3. Why are my sausage balls so dry?
The sausage balls will break when baked in a mixture that contains too much bread or biscuit mix. When you use too much baking mix compared to sausage, these sausage balls will rapidly become dry. Therefore, you need to add some milk to solve the dry sausage problem.
4. How do you keep sausage balls warm for a party?
Keep them warm in the Crockpot if you want to serve them at a buffet or party. Set the slow cooker to warm before you start baking, then drop the hot balls inside after they are taken out of the oven. Then, cover the heated sausage balls with foil or a wet cloth to keep them warm until your guests arrive. It is better to offer warm sausage balls at the party.
So, are you ready to try the Jimmy Dean Sausage Balls Recipe? We have successfully cooked the delicious party sausage balls. All you need to do is follow our given steps like preheating, mixing ingredients, adding cheese, and baking. Pay close attention to our special notes and variation part to enhance the flavor with dipping sauce.
Can you smell the taste? Unquestionably, it will be mouthwatering with the sauce. Well, it’s not only about taste, but it’s also about nutrition facts on the Jimmy Dean’s sausage ball. However, keep yourself ready for the Thursday night chill by making our sausage ball recipe.